Bride, Bridesmaids, Mothers, Party Hosts, Guests, Event Planners, and Venue Staff… What do they all have in common? All these people are about to have a fully scheduled day and will barely have time to eat, let alone reapply makeup. This post will cover my favorite lip product and why everyone who wears lipstick should own at least one. Full disclosure, I am not receiving compensation by this company for this post, but I LOVE this product so much that I decided a couple of years ago to become an independent distributor. So, if you are interested in the products after reading, send me a note and I’d be happy to discuss further.
A few of my biggest lipstick upsets:
- When it gets on your teeth
- When it’s wearing off and you are left with just an outer perimeter that looks like lip liner
- When my husband won’t give me kisses because he doesn’t want to get my lipstick on his lips
Fortunately, there is a way to avoid these lip mishaps! Ever since long-wear lipstick was invented, we should have just stopped creating regular lipstick. Long-wear lipstick is a superior product to regular lipstick because the product lasts, in its original application state, for several hours without reapplication or disturbance. However, not all long-wear lipsticks are created equal. I have tried several drugstore brands that claim to last for hours, and after breakfast they have totally worn off. I have found the best long-wear lipstick on the market and want to share it with all of you!
What Is It
LipSense® by SeneGence International® is a liquid lip color that lasts up to 18 hours. It’s waterproof, kiss-proof, smudge-proof, not tested on animals, vegan, GMO-free, wax-free, gluten-free, lead-free, does not dry out your lips, protects your lips from the sun, made in the USA, and offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee! I mean, does it get any better than that?
How to Apply
LipSense has a unique application process unlike regular lipstick, hence the long wear. Read the next few steps and watch the video below to understand the process.
- LipSense products should be applied to clean and dry lips. When applying makeup, I always do my lipstick last and wipe my lips clean with a bit of witch hazel before proceeding to the next steps.
- Shake the bottle for a few seconds prior to application.
- When you remove the wand, rub off excess lipstick before application.
- LipSense is applied in a layering technique. Begin with the first thin layer of lipstick by applying from one corner of the mouth to the other on the top and bottom lips. The key is to do one continual stroke on each the upper and lower lip. Let your color set dry before applying the second and third coats in Step 5.
- TIP: Don’t forget to go from your lip line to the inner waterline.
- TIP: Don’t rub your lips together or let them touch until after the gloss has been applied in Step 6.
- Repeat Step 4, letting the layer dry between applications, then repeat it again, to have a total of three thin lipstick layers.
- TIP: SeneGence does not recommend you apply more than three total layers of LipSense.
- When the third layer has set, you can apply a layer of LipSense lip moisturizing gloss as the final layer. At this point, you can press your lips together to smooth out the gloss, and you are ready for your day.
Live demo of Roseberry and Glossy Gloss LipSense application ❤
How It Works
According to the SeneGence website (and I can personally vouch for how easy the process is!):
“Layering LipSense is a must, due to the fact that the color breaks down with the pH balance of the skin.
1st layer: touches the skin’s pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
2nd layer: protected from the bottom, away from the skin’s pH, by the first layer.
3rd layer: protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second layer of color by keeping away friction, saliva, and the natural environment. The third layer breaks down just like the first layer, but from the top down. The second layer is sandwiched between the first and third and is protected by both for the longest period of use.”
How to Pick Your Color
LipSense colors are divided into three different undertone families: yellow-based (warm), blue-based (cool), and neutral. Read below to learn more about each undertone family and which one you best fit into. Once you know this, you can narrow down your lipstick shades to ones that really compliment your skin tone.
- Warm Yellow: You tend to tan, and not burn, look best in gold jewelry, gold tones, and you have a golden or apricot undertone and green tinted wrist veins.
- Cool Blue: You tend to burn first, then tan, look best in silver jewelry, silver tones, and in natural daylight you have a pink or rosy undertone and blue/purple-tinted wrist veins.
- Neutral: You tend to tan but can also burn, you look best in silver and gold, pink and yellow tones with blue/green veins, or if you can’t see your veins, or can’t tell what color they are, then try neutral shades.
Lipstick: There are currently 74 different lipstick colors available. With the unique application of three thin color layers, if you owned just three different LipSense colors, you can mix and match to make 27 different color options!
Those options only include the lipstick. Since you have to seal the LipSense with a gloss, this means you have even more combinations!
Gloss: There are 15 different glosses available that can be worn on top of LipSense lip color or on bare lips. They are available in a variety of glossy, matte, shimmer, and pearl finishes. They also contain shea butter and vitamin E to moisturize, repair, and soothe your lips. Just think of how many colors you could make with different shades and glosses!
Remover: Being that this lipstick has such fantastic long-wear properties, you can’t just remove it with regular soap and water. SeneGence created a remover called Ooops!™ that you apply to the lipstick, let sit for a minute, then simply wipe off along with all the color.
New Colors: In addition to the regular line of LipSense lip colors, every few months SeneGence releases fun limited-edition colors.
- One tube of LipSense lipstick worn daily can last up to 6 months! Not sure about you, but I have never had a regular lipstick last more than a month with daily use. With all the wasted product used on reapplications, you are throwing away your money if you purchase regular lipstick.
- LipSense makes an incredible and affordable gift! As a bride, you could gift your bridesmaids LipSense as a “will you be my bridesmaid” or a “thank you for being a part of our day” gift. It’s also a really thoughtful gift for anyone who works long shifts such as doctors, nurses, teachers, office staff, flight attendants, and people in the hospitality industry.
So How Much Does It Cost?
I know you have probably been waiting for me to answer this question. If you are new to LipSense, then you should purchase a starter kit which includes 1 color, 1 gloss, and 1 remover for a total of $55! What an insane deal!! Sephora sells lipsticks that go up to $90 for just a regular lipstick!
For purchases after this, colors are $25, glosses are $20, and remover is $10.
SeneGence doesn’t just sell LipSense; they also carry a full line of beauty and skincare products including:
- Skincare: cleansers, moisturizers for day and night, eye crèmes, and eye brighteners.
- Anti-Aging: moisturizers, anti-wrinkle, collagen night paks, and treatment for damaged skin cells
- Lips: lipsticks, lip liners, glosses, balms, removers, and volumizers
- Face: foundations, concealers, blushes, loose powders, removers, pore and wrinkle minimizers, and dry skin treatment
- Eyes: brow colors, liquid eye liners, eye pencils, shadows, mascaras, lash lengtheners, and dark circle treatment
- Body: washes, scrubs, lotions, hand creams, detoxifying and moisturizing masks, body creams, self-tanners, and sunscreens
In the year leading into my own wedding, I switched up all my products to SeneGence, and my skin was more hydrated and radiant than ever. I can’t recommend these products enough! If you are interested in reading more about any of the products listed above, you can browse the SeneGence International Product Page.
Like my Facebook group to see new product updates: Amarvelous Beauty with Vicki