Meet the Owner
Vicki Amar is an award-winning wedding and event planner and blogger and is a Certified Wedding and Event Planner by the Certified Wedding Planner Society, the world’s leading wedding planner certification program.
Vicki has ten years of professional event planning experience and an expert understanding of the events industry, having worked on a diverse portfolio including weddings, birthdays, corporate events, and large-scale events such as:
- The Times Square New Year’s Eve Celebration
- The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and 4th of July Fireworks
- U.S. military events including the Navy’s Fleet Week and the Army’s Birthday
- Several major sporting events including the NFL Super Bowl, the MLB All-Star Game, the NBA All-Star Game, the U.S. Open, SailGP, America’s Cup, Formula E, the New York City Marathon and Triathlon, the Five-Boro Bike Tour, and the Subway Series Games
- Various major charity concerts and multi-day music festivals including the Global Citizen, Governor’s Ball, Electric Zoo, Panorama, Mountain Jam, Camp Bisco, and Peach Festivals, as well as the Good Morning America Summer Concert Series
- And other unique events such as World Pride in New York City, New York City Wine and Food Festival, New York City Fashion Week, the Met Gala, Pope Francis’s visit to New York City, New York City Summer Streets, several ticker tape parades, and several holiday window unveilings
Vicki has seen every aspect of the events industry, ranging from event conceptualization and planning, to working with stakeholders and preferred vendors, to creating timelines and site plans, to event permitting and security, and even to leading large teams to create her clients’ dream events. Vicki is also certified in emergency management by the New York City Office of Emergency Management and previously supported New York City’s early response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Her passion for planning, enthusiastic personality, attention to detail, organizational skills, and love for to-do lists and spreadsheets will allow you to have #amarvelous stress-free event.
Vicki graduated from the University of South Florida with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and a minor in American Sign Language. She began her career in the hospitality industry as the head concierge of the Commodore Lounge at The Boca Raton (formerly The Boca Raton Resort and Club), then she moved to New York City to broaden her experience with large-scale event planning and permitting. After nearly a decade with the New York City Mayor’s Office of Citywide Event Coordination and Management, culminating her civil service as the Deputy Executive Director of Events for “The City That Never Sleeps,” Vicki relocated back to sunny South Florida with her husband and son. Besides her passion for weddings and events, Vicki loves traveling (check out our award-winning travel blog!), spending time with family, baking, finding a good deal, and all things Disney and Harry Potter.